Thursday, April 26, 2007

There Goes My Husband's Beard

Before my son was diagnosed with allergies my husband and I used to joke that he should never go with out his goatee and mustache. He had grown during college when he started working in the corporate world in order to appear older. Without the beard he looked like he was 15. After college he kept it up because he was managing a lot of people that could be his parents' age and it just made it easier to appear older than he was. One time he screwed up and had to shave it off and I agreed whole heartily that he shouldn't ever remove it because he looks so young. I also thought at the time he looked better with the facial hair.
After our son was diagnosed with the allergies my husband decided to shave it off for good. He was concerned that food would get stuck in the goatee and mustache (as it usually did) and then if he went to kiss our son or if our son was playing with his chin or face that some of the allergen could cause an anaphylactic reaction.
Now my husband is free of facial hair and we don't have to worry about our son getting hurt from Daddy's face.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites