Wednesday, April 25, 2007

FAAN How to Read a Label Cards

The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxsis Network (FAAN) sells How To Read A Label Cards. They sell them in these nice credit card sizes so you can put them in your wallet and they also come in magnets that you can put on your refrigerator to help in the Kitchen.
As soon as we saw these my husband and bought 4 copies of the Egg-free diet and the Milk-free diet ones as well as a pair for the fridge. We gave one set to my mother one to my father and then we each took a set for us. We are the 4 safe people that our son can take food from.
I was very excited about the labels, however, when we received the Egg-free diet one we noticed there were certain things that where not on the FAAN card that were on the list given to us by our allergist.
I took out a sharpie and added to all of them the following:
  • Apovitellin
  • Globulin
  • Livetin
  • Ovalbumin
  • Ovomucin
  • Ovomucoid

If you get the Egg-Free cards I would recommend adding them to the list.

To order go to www.foodallergy.org

  • Simplesse

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites