Saturday, April 28, 2007

It's Just a Dog!

We were tipped off a few days ago that we needed to check our dogs' foods to see if either of them contained egg or dairy. Both my dogs are on different foods for different reasons. Dougal (our boy dog) was easy we saw his contained egg powder and found a replacement for him that wouldn't be a problem the same day. Vashti (our girl dog) was another story entirely.
We had thrown out her bag (we put their food in buckets) so I needed to go and find her food in the store. This in itself isn't the easiest as the dog is on prescription food for urinary tract infections. Sure enough when we found the food the stuff had eggs in it. So I had to go searching through all of the 6 choices we have. Thank goodness they make some in dry and wet choices. One and only one of the 6 is ok for our dog. When I went to buy the can however, they wouldn't let me buy it because I didn't have prescription on me. I tried to explain to the vet on site at the pet store that our dog has this condition of urinary infections but at the same time my SON has deadly allergies to egg and milk. I pleaded with them to let me buy the can and write a note that said I release them from any medical liability they have. For goodness sake it's just a dog! No go. They refused to let me buy the food. In the end my dog has to eat the bad food for her until we get to the vets on Monday. There is no question for me dog's urinary infection is less important than my son's anaphylactic reactions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Milk and Egg free dog food, Google or other search engine "Vegan pet food". You may want to add meat to your animals diet. Talk to your vet.

Karen Blue
Avoiding Milk Protein

Add to Technorati Favorites